TWO hosted games gone?

[RSS]
Author: blackknyght
Date: Dec 2, 2016 3:35 AM
Category: Spaceport
Two of the games I'm hosting are gone! Is this a glitch, or were they shutdown for some reason?

Replies

Commenter: Fyron
Date: Dec 2, 2016 12:01 PM
TWO hosted games gone?
Which games? When was the last time you saw them on the site?
Commenter: blackknyght
Date: Dec 2, 2016 8:24 PM
TWO hosted games gone?
Paradigm of Empires & Quest of Empires, and about three days ago.I was out of touch for a bit, but they were both still there when I came back, then suddenly they were gone.
Commenter: Fyron
Date: Dec 3, 2016 9:04 PM
TWO hosted games gone?
From the game log, it appears that you deleted them both on Nov 30th, at 4:35 PM PST. Please note that the basic record for each game is kept after deletion for historical purposes, so you can see the pages for those games, including the final entry under Game Log, here:

http://pbw.spaceempires.net/games/par-emp
http://pbw.spaceempires.net/games/qst_emp

When a game is deleted, the savegame files are deleted from the server. At this point, if you wish to reopen these games, I can manually recreate a folder structure, and you'll have to re-upload the current turn for each game afterwards.
Edited 1 time(s). Lasted edited Dec 3, 2016 9:05 PM.
Commenter: blackknyght
Date: Dec 15, 2016 12:36 AM
TWO hosted games gone?
Odd, because I most assuredly didn't personally delete them. I was actually as shocked as anyone else to see them gone.

However, as it turns out most of the players have now moved on and aren't interested in returning to those games, so thanx for the offer but I guess we'll just let whatever happened stand.
Commenter: ekolis
Date: Dec 16, 2016 7:14 PM
TWO hosted games gone?
Might want to change your password?
Commenter: Eye_C_U
Date: Dec 18, 2016 1:52 AM
TWO hosted games gone?
Yeah, everyone I've spoken to has lost the fire for those games.

Any chance with your return there might be a few new ones?
Commenter: Eye_C_U
Date: Feb 13, 2017 12:21 PM
TWO hosted games gone?
Never got an yes or no from Black Knight. Hope that isn't a bad sign, because a few of us are hoping you'll start up another "Empires" game. Maybe a major reboot (wink, wink, nod, nod) ?