Multiple Mods?

[RSS]
Author: Nawang
Date: Dec 24, 2017 7:13 AM
Category: Spaceport
Newb here. So, I want to know if it's possible to merge different mods into one. e.g. I want to use warp mod with crimson concept. Can it be done or will it mess up the game?

Replies

Commenter: Fyron
Date: Dec 24, 2017 2:20 PM
Multiple Mods?
It's not a simple matter to try to merge different mods together, except for very specific mods that only change one part of the game like map mods. You cannot just paste the component/tech area/facility/etc. files together and expect to get anything playable.

Every mod is going to have a different design for how "strong" each individual item is, what its tech cost is, resource cost, and so on. You would need to carefully re-balance everything so that tech areas from the different mods have generally similar costs, weapons have relatively similar damage ratios, defensive items have similar hp/tonnage and shield/tonnage ratios, and so on, before you got something playable. And then go ahead and update the AI files to make sense of the new merged mod, assuming you aren't going to just use it for mulitplayer only.
Commenter: Nawang
Date: Dec 24, 2017 11:22 PM
Multiple Mods?
That's a lot of work. I guess I'll just play with warp mode. Thanks for the info.