Battle for Artemis

[RSS]
Author: Cyclone
Date: Aug 30, 2018 11:12 PM
Category: Spaceport
God, it's been a while since I've been here. Well, I hope there's still people active here, as this is the best place I could think of to bring this to.

I am a Linux user. In trying to re-create an empire from SE5 in another game (Stellaris), I had to get SE5 downloaded so I could take a closer look at the race in question and replicate it better. To do this, I use a python script called steam-appmanifest. It requires the Steam AppID and install directory name of the game you want to install, and to get these, I use the website steamdb.info. Well, I pulled it up and searched for my beloved Space Empires V. And it did show up in the list (AppID 1690, in case anyone is curious). But I found something else, too. Something that is supposed to be hidden, but is in fact in the Steam app database and merely hidden from public view. Here is the link: https://steamdb.info/app/289710/subs/

Steam AppID 289710, last known name "Space Empires V: The Battle for Artemis", evidently first discovered in the database in early 2014 (this can be seen in the "history" section). Unfortunately, this is all the information the website offers. I tried to use steam-appmanifest to force my steam client to download it, but unfortunately this did not work. As of now, all I know is the fact that it exists (or, perhaps, existed), what it was named, and its number in the SteamDB.

Since I can't get the app files, I cannot begin to speculate on what this apparent "expansion" might entail. If anyone else has any information, or would care to speculate, I am all eyes.

(On a completely unrelated note: ArthurTuxedo, I love your DJAS mod for SE5 and hope to one day make a Stellaris mod taking heavy inspiration from it... With your permission, of course.)

Replies

Commenter: combatwombat
Date: Aug 31, 2018 1:36 AM
Battle for Artemis
Unfortunately existed is likely the best term. As far as I know SFI is a dead company basically existing in name only just selling games on life support and Aaron has moved on from the series.