se4 "stillborn" races.

[RSS]
Author: kiltarilty
Date: Sep 30, 2018 10:25 PM
Category: Spaceport
Ok so i've been playing se4 for years, convicned some friends to play, we've been playing and I've slowly been making my own mod that we've been using this whole time (no i dont edit the mod as we're playing).

Somewhat recently there's been a problem with computer players, they colonize their own system, then don't explore anywhere past that, we've come to call those players "stillborn".

has anyone else had problems with AI players not exploring past their home system?

-kiltarilty

Replies

Commenter: combatwombat
Date: Oct 1, 2018 5:11 PM
se4 "stillborn" races.
Hi again :D

Those are neutral empires, you can disable them via the new game menu when you start the game.
Commenter: Blackadder
Date: Oct 4, 2018 10:29 AM
se4 "stillborn" races.
Are these stock races (races that came with the original game), or modded races?

If they're stock races, then they're simply "neutral races" (a more accurate term would probably be "minor races", but "neutral races" is what the game calls them) that never leave their own systems under any circumstances. This is a normal part of the game and nothing to worry about.

If they're modded races, it could be a different issue. Specifically, it could be a problem with the AI_Construction_Vehicles file that is preventing them from building exploration ships (such as "attack ships"). The AI won't ever send a colony ship to another system unless it sends an exploration ship there first, so an AI that doesn't build exploration ships will never expand.