New Mod - Testers Wanted

[RSS]
Author: Dageki
Date: Oct 29, 2018 8:34 AM
Category: Spaceport
Hello Everybody!

I would like to present a new mod I've been working on secretly for a few years now. This was originally just a cheat but has gradually turned into an attempt at a legitimate addition to the SEV community. It would be a huge help to me if some of you would try this out and provide any feedback you have about it. I am open to any constructive suggestions you have. Most specifically bugs or issues you run into would be helpful but I would also appreciate any suggestions on how to balance the races out or even additions/subtractions/redirections that you come up with.

Let's just look at a quick run down of what this new mod, called "Nanotech", has and where it came from.

This current build, now in a stable Beta build, has it's foundations in Captain Kwok's Balance Mod 1.20Y. I have been building this mod off each new version of the fantastic work Captain Kwok has graciously provided since I started. In this version there are many changes, including, but not limited to:
- A new sensor style, based on a discussion on the Steam forums, where the basic sensors are long range but low scan level while the specialized sensors (tachyon and racial) have low range and high scan level
- All technologies specific to racial traits have had their cost lowered to 1/10 of the original cost
- All components and facilities belonging to the original racial traits have had an associating tech added as a requirement, this is to offset the decreased cost of all racial tech
- 3 new racial traits have been added: Nanotech, Adaptive, and Natural Law

A quick introduction to the new racial traits and what they are about:
Nanotech - This trait plays with tonnage in ships (denser ships with better space usage) and facilities (smaller footprint so more facilities per planet, more efficient space usage of the planet so more space)
Adaptive - Better research over time with the ability to aquire several other racial traits
Natural Law - Brutal and harsh with stronger ships (albeit a bit slower), meaner weapons, and better troops.

This build is still a work in progress with one or two more ideas to try but the core and bulk of the new parts have been added. I am toying with (see: may never happen, don't put stock into this) a few new ideas: making a change to how armor functions, revisiting the idea of "leaky shields", and making asteroids colonizable. Beyond those will be some tweaking and balance of what is already implemented..

If you are still reading then I assume you might be interested in trying. I will put a link at the bottom of this OP but if it does not work just send me a message and I will get you a fresh one.
You will need 7-Zip to open this but the install process is just the same as for the Balance Mod, which is also conveniently listed in the "Readme" file within the folders.

One final note: I apologize for the way components are organized currently. I have them setup in a way that makes it easy to edit but not perhaps to play. I intend on fixing this for each "Complete" build.

Thank you very much!
Dageki

Link to the download:
v0.20C - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbijb79kpy3o9q3/Dageki_Nanotech_Mod-v0.20c.zip?dl=0

Replies