Hey, you look a little like someone I used to know...

[RSS]
Author: geoschmo
Date: Jul 18, 2019 9:17 PM
Category: Spaceport
How's it going folks? It's been a long time. It's nice to see there's still a little life in this old game. I just played a few turns for the first time in ten years. I was surprised at how much I remembered.

Any old-timers still out there? Pull up a chair, let's talk.

Replies

Commenter: ekolis
Date: Jul 19, 2019 1:07 AM
Hi Geo! Good to hear from you again! I remember running into you at a job interview - twice! You play SE5? I'm looking for a replacement player for a BM game ;)
Commenter: geoschmo
Date: Jul 19, 2019 11:06 AM
Hey Ed. Yeah I don't think I mentioned to you I left that last place I was working and went back to one I had previously worked at before. How are thing going? You working now?

I haven't played SE5 in longer than I haven't played SE4 and when I did play SE5 I don't think I ever tried the multiplayer. I still have my se5 cd somewhere but my current laptop has no cd drive. It does look like Steam has SE5 as well and it's pretty cheap right now. I'd be willing to give it a shot if that will work for your game. Is BM an Se5 mod?
Date: Jul 19, 2019 8:16 PM
Oh really, you didn't like it at that place you were working? Funny thing, I did almost the same thing - I'm now working full time for a company I used to work part time for after I got let go at my previous full time job!

Yeah, Balance Mod is an SE5 mod. I actually have the installer saved from my CD and I could share it with you if you like, then all you'd have to do is enter your CD key and install the latest patch!
Date: Jul 19, 2019 8:21 PM
By the way, we have a Discord chat room for a group of folks who are playing some PBW games - you ever used Discord before? You can download it from http://www.discordapp.com and once you've joined I can invite you to the chat room!
Date: Jul 19, 2019 11:19 PM
Yeah the job was all right. You move around to different projects a lot and they were getting ready to put me on one that didn't look like it was going to be much fun. And my old job called me up needing help real bad so I came back.
Commenter: Lord_Executron
Date: Jul 23, 2019 7:01 PM
Hello!
Glad to see people from the "old gang" still around.
Apparently, suffering from a bout of nostalgia, googled Space Empires IV forum and was glad to find this forum still up and running alongside de archived spaceempires.net
Don't know if anybody remembers me, used to play by the name"Dinesku Executrix".
Haven't played the game in over 10 years, though :)
Edited 1 time(s). Lasted edited Jul 23, 2019 7:03 PM.
Date: Jul 23, 2019 10:43 PM
Yeah, Executron that old name sounds familiar. I guess this is the week for feeling nostalgia. I hadn't played in about 10 years either.
Date: Jul 23, 2019 11:45 PM
Hey, I remember you too :) You were the guy who had a giant statue built to himself in the PBC game, right?
Commenter: Lord_Executron
Date: Jul 24, 2019 2:57 AM
Exactly! I think i had the system named "Alpha Proxima"

Is Suicide Junkie still around?
Date: Jul 24, 2019 5:42 PM
He is, but perhaps not as active as he used to be. A lot of us migrated from the IRC channel to this new Discord server; you can check it out here: https://discord.gg/ZJ8FtqC
Commenter: Artaud
Date: Aug 25, 2019 4:05 PM
It's nice to see some familiar names here. I haven't played SE4 for several months, but I'm getting the itch again. :)
Date: Aug 27, 2019 8:59 AM
Getting the itch to play SE4? Let's start a big game! :D http://pbw.spaceempires.net/games/sse4bb
Commenter: bearclaw
Date: Oct 28, 2019 12:37 AM
Well, this definetly looks like a good chat for another "old timer" to jump back into.
Date: Nov 14, 2019 10:36 AM
Bearclaw! Now that's a name I've not heard in a very long time. Lol. How you doing?