Best SEIV AI files out there?

[RSS]
Author: blackknyght
Date: Dec 18, 2019 4:13 PM
Category: Spaceport
Antone know what the best existing AI files out there are?

Who makes them, where they might be found, etc?

Replies

Commenter: ekolis
Date: Dec 20, 2019 1:17 PM
Isn't TDM a complete overhaul of the AI? Plus Carrier Battles has a really nice AI but that's due in part to the mod being rewritten from scratch rather than based on stock...
Commenter: Cipher
Date: Dec 22, 2019 12:14 PM
I do know that the AI empires in TDM are much tougher than the original set. I got stuck in the middle of 3 such once, and they ate me alive.
Commenter: Skyburn
Date: Dec 23, 2019 3:57 PM
There's an improved AI for TDM out there too. I want to say Permial made it, but it's been awhile. It's quite a bit better than plain TDM.
Commenter: Devil_Dog
Date: Dec 23, 2019 4:31 PM
Never knew ANY of thing. Are there links to this stuff still?
Commenter: NeuroCPU
Date: Feb 13, 2020 4:13 PM
would it possible to upload somewhere updated/improved (TDM) AI files?
Edited 1 time(s). Lasted edited Feb 13, 2020 4:14 PM.
Commenter: KommissarReb
Date: Feb 13, 2020 11:17 PM
I'm not sure as far as mods go, but for standard SEIV the best custom-made AI I've seen were the:
*Gron: http://pbw.spaceempires.net/shipsets/SE4/gron
*all of Mephisto's AI from the TDM mod pack http://pbw.spaceempires.net/mods/tdm360 Particularly the:
-Manticore Star Kingdom
-Narn Regime
-Centauri Republic
*Citizen Federation: http://pbw.spaceempires.net/shipsets/SE4/starship
*Rage Collective: http://pbw.spaceempires.net/shipsets/SE4/rage
*United Floral Empire: http://pbw.spaceempires.net/shipsets/SE4/unitedflora

The game always gets more interesting when the tougher AI's go to war with each other.

I have uploaded my Imperium of Man empire with an AI I "made", but I have been struggling getting the AI to do exactly what I want. Feel free to give it a try http://pbw.spaceempires.net/shipsets/SE4/iom I hope it can compete with the other empires out there!
Edited 3 time(s). Lasted edited Feb 20, 2020 11:49 AM.
Date: Feb 18, 2020 7:57 AM
Skyburn, would like to try Permial's improved AI files :)

there is no Permial user in this forum currently :-/
Edited 2 time(s). Lasted edited Feb 18, 2020 12:19 PM.
Date: Feb 21, 2020 8:40 AM
I'll see if I have a copy of his AI.
Commenter: combatwombat
Date: Feb 22, 2020 2:09 PM
I got ya fam

Actually I just got this from a comment Skyburn made in 2014 so its still really him :D

http://www.spaceempires.net/downloads-file-904.html
Date: Feb 25, 2020 5:45 AM
is it possible to combine TDM + FQM + Skyburn's changes in one? what steps should be if so?
Date: Mar 1, 2020 11:35 AM
TDM and FQM have been combined in the past. You might want to check the archives at spaceempires.net.

I guess you would just need to combine Permial's AI with FQM. I think he used TDM as a starting point.
Edited 1 time(s). Lasted edited Mar 1, 2020 11:36 AM.
Commenter: Blackadder
Date: Mar 7, 2020 4:00 PM
The most recent version of the Restock Mod already incorporates Perimal's AI, as well as FQM.
Commenter: blackknyght
Date: Mar 10, 2020 4:43 PM
Any chance you have a link to that?
Commenter: combatwombat
Date: Mar 10, 2020 10:14 PM
Don't know for sure if its the newest version but here is Restock 5.0

http://spaceempires.net/downloads-file-946.html
Commenter: Blackadder
Date: Mar 13, 2020 10:44 AM
^
Yeah, that's the most recent version I've released publicly.

I may clean up my current play version and make it available as well.
Date: Mar 14, 2020 10:47 AM
so to copy just AI folder is enough?

"I guess you would just need to combine Permial's AI with FQM"
Commenter: Perimal
Date: Mar 26, 2020 12:52 PM
Is anyone able to host a new version of the TDM Remod ?
Date: Apr 7, 2020 3:19 PM
storage websites as a temporary measure...
perhaps admin after will update version here
Date: Apr 9, 2020 7:01 PM
If anyone wants a copy PM me and I'll email it out. The you can email back me a list of typos.
Date: Apr 10, 2020 2:46 PM
I've uploaded the mod to Mediafire.

It's available at http://www.mediafire.com/file/582kq6npkkvn6am/TDM-ReModPack_131.7z/file
Date: Apr 12, 2020 1:31 PM
I'm wondering if it's possible to adapt these to work with v1.16.3 of the Fusion Mod. It DESPERATELY needs working AI files.
Date: Apr 14, 2020 12:54 PM
If you have changed the points for racial traits that means you have to redo all the foo_AI_general files and Empire files. That's just tedious, but what would break the AIs if the sizes of critical components (in Components.txt and CompEnhancement.txt) and are significantly different to Stock.

Stock is designed to give some sort of ship whatever the basic design is, but the unmodded ship designs are broken in that they include components (e.g. Emergency resupply pod) which the AI doesn't use and ship types (e.g. recon satellite, cargo ship) which it doesn't know how to use.

Why don't you plug in the races and then play one-on-one AI matchups and you can correct the AI files as you watch them slug it out. If you're using quadrants based on FQM (which is my favourite) _planet_types.txt and _construction_facilities.txt should be pretty ok. You should only need to adjust design_types.

Of course, if you've radically changed the research trees you will have to rewrite *all* your _research files from scratch... how many races have you got?
Date: Apr 15, 2020 4:02 PM
Can I tell a couple of stories from my own mod - which uses the same race strategies as the TDM-Remod - in which the AI pulled surprise moves.

Unlike Stock and TDM the fighters in my mod are useful - in the last TDM game I played massed fighters were lucky to get anything in firing range of opposing warships. However, in my mod I've improved the fighters so that for an average fleet facing a heavy carrier (which can deploy 160+ large fighters) it's brown trouser time.

Both instances were in early-to-mid game where the ships involved were cruisers. To explain: I play most combat tactically as it gives more more control over my ships and allows me to see how the AI strategies work in the field, so I can correct them for next time.

In the first scenario I sent a small Idala fleet of about 20 cruisers, with supports, to attack a planet, I forget the defending race. I had deployed my attackers in close double wall with the mine sweepers, transports and carriers behind. I was expecting mostly light weapons platforms for the defense. Instead I said "How many fighters!!" 'cos there were a lot, over a hundred. As you know I had to fight so I closed to try to restrict the defenders range of movement.

Well the fighters came in frontally as usual, damaging several ships, and then to my shock/delight the AI turned them past my right flank, swamped my CAP and swept around the rear of the fleet. They wiped out all my supporting ships before turning to attack the cruisers again. I made a fighting retreat to delay the inevitable but ended up in a sort of square with the most damaged in the middle. After desperate fighting I was able to get some ships away after turn 30.

In the second battle, it was my turn to defend a freshly captured planet against the Rage. I had a mixed force of Earth Alliance cruisers, missile-armed destroyers, and two small carriers. The Rage came in with a larger force of cruisers and five carriers to my two. By a miracle I had captured the planet with a medium weapons platform intact, and the occupied planet was shielded on the eastern side by its three moons. My cruisers were, fortunately, better as some of them had phased shields II while the Rage ship were still relying on their armour. Each side launched a mixture of medium and light fighters.

The Rage did what the Rage does and in the west closed to short range combat between the cruisers (with some fighters of both sides mixed in). Here I held back (I had no choice really as the RNG had dumped my fleet northwest of the planet) but the planetary defenses were decisive. On the east flank, however, my fighters were heavily outnumbered by the bulk of the Rage light fighters, and only had support from my missile-armed destroyers, which were using the moons to hide from the Rage cruisers. The destroyers' flak was ineffective (not Stock remember) and a number of the faster Rage fighters broke past the defenses and were able to catch the slower of the EA carriers. I wasn't too worried as small Rage fighters have only a single PP beam - one of the most pathetic weapons in all SEIV. To my surprise and shock the Rage proceeded to destroy the carrier with successive kamikaze attacks, before they were in turn wiped out by the surviving EA fighters and cruisers.
Date: Apr 18, 2020 12:42 AM
Damn, that sounds like AI that would ROCK !!!

Sadly, BOTH Empire Generation and Components in the Fusion Mod are significantly different from Stock. But then THAT was the entire point of the mod...
Date: Apr 20, 2020 7:55 PM
There's no reason not to copy the appropriate foo_AI_strategy.txt, foo_AI_speech.txt, foo_AI_planet_types.txt, foo_AI_settings.txt, and foo_AI_fleets.txt files across. In fact those on their own would be a big benefit to the AIs.

Because facilities are called by their ability not name, if you've not changed the facilities too much in your mod then you can import the foo_AI_Construction_Facilities.txt files as well.