Active vs Inactive players

[RSS]
Author: blackknyght
Date: May 22, 2020 12:02 AM
Category: Spaceport
I know this PBW doesn't get a lot of attention anymore, but on the off chance is there any way to set things so you can filter Active players over those who have long been inactive?

Asking for a friend... ;)

Replies

Commenter: ekolis
Date: May 22, 2020 12:23 PM
Filter them where? On the users list page? http://pbw.spaceempires.net/users I don't think so, you can sort alphabetically or by join date, that's about it...
Commenter: Cipher
Date: May 22, 2020 2:43 PM
Aren't there some environmental variables somewhere?
Commenter: Cipher
Date: May 24, 2020 12:41 PM
I've thought about this a little, but it's been 20 years since I did anything of the kind, and I'm not the guy to code it these days. There's a post that Ed made back in March of 2016 about time stamps on files. That piece of information (which time zone would be irrelevant) was accessible as an environmental variable. Another would be one that identifies the user. They were probably accessed server-side (would have been Perl back then), but there might have been a way Java or Javascript. If a set of records were created to hold that information on file, it could later read the date of that record, see player files matched with game files, and compare them with the current date.

The thought has just occurred to me that we did such things in UNIX.
Edited 2 time(s). Lasted edited Jun 1, 2020 10:15 AM.