Most and Least useful stock Racial Trait items?

[RSS]
Author: blackknyght
Date: Dec 2, 2020 12:20 PM
Category: Spaceport
I'm curious, per each stock Racial Trait, what players think is the MOST useful weapon, component, or facility, and which are the LEAST useful weapon, component, or facility?

Replies

Commenter: Makinus
Date: Mar 19, 2021 1:18 PM
Most and Least useful stock Racial Trait items?
Organic Manipulation: Most Useful is Small Electric Discharge - it is the best unit weapon in the game, the Small Electric discharge for ships is not bad either (but there are better weapons for ships). The Least Useful is the Replicant Center, it is worse than the Gestation Vats and even the Vats rarely are worth wasting a facility slot, population numbers matter very little on the stock game.

Crystallurgy: Crystalline Armor is the most useful, as it increases the survival rate of your ships a lot, but the shield bypassing weapon is also very nice. The least useful is the solar generator - unless you build it in a multiple star system, any other resource generating facility will be better.

Deeply Religious: Religious Talisman is the better component on the game - 100% hit ratio is overpowered, you simply need to use it in all your combat ships. Least useful is difficult to choose, all shrines while not spectacular are somewhat useful... maybe the Nature Shrine is the least useful as it is the one i rarely build.

Psychic: I love to use the Allegiance Subverter to capture enemy ships, even if it is not the best use for resources or the best strategy, there is something very satisfying to capture, analize or simply refit and use enemy ships. Less useful is the psychic scanner, but even it has some utility late game.

Temporal Knowledge: Best is the Temporal Space Yards - who does not want more building production? Less useful would be the Temporal Sensors, but even it has some utility late game.