Densest Map settings?

[RSS]
Author: blackknyght
Date: Apr 8, 2021 6:14 PM
Category: Spaceport
Been playing around with a number of different map settings, trying to generate a Large map with a high density of star systems.

Does anyone know which settings typically gives the densest number of systems?

I have ten players in an upcoming game and would like the greater balance of a dense galaxy to avoid anyone getting a crap starting position once we get going.

Replies

Commenter: NeuroCPU
Date: Apr 11, 2021 2:25 PM
Densest Map settings?
Maximum Number Of Systems
Commenter: KommissarReb
Date: Apr 11, 2021 3:26 PM
Densest Map settings?
I believe the highest number of systems you can raise the limit to is 250 before the game crashes. Could be 200 though.
Commenter: blackknyght
Date: Apr 11, 2021 10:45 PM
Densest Map settings?
I know 255 is the maximum number of systems available.

What I'm wonder is WHICH map generating setting gives the densest number of systems typically when generating a large map?
Commenter: NeuroCPU
Date: Apr 14, 2021 9:29 AM
Densest Map settings?
QuadrantTypes.txt

systems can store up to 10 warp points
Commenter: Cipher
Date: Apr 15, 2021 5:18 PM
Densest Map settings?
I would think that once you get to a maximum number of settings, there isn't much difference in density between one quadrant type and the next.

I was just glancing back through here, and realized I meant systems, not settings. Have you ever played on a map of clusters? The distances inside each cluster might be the closest you'll find, but that likely doesn't matter until it comes to opening warp points.
Edited 1 time(s). Lasted edited Apr 21, 2021 1:20 PM.
Commenter: Artaud
Date: Jun 23, 2021 7:12 AM
Densest Map settings?
I think he wants to know what settings you use, when you create a new game, that produce a map with the most systems.

I would really like to know which settings produce maps with the most asteroids.
Date: Jun 28, 2021 1:27 PM
Densest Map settings?
Not sure which has the most. Have you looked at the ancient quadrants?
Date: Jun 29, 2021 7:01 AM
Densest Map settings?
No, I have never played an ancient quadrant. Maybe I should start a game in an ancient quadrant, just to see.

Thanks for the tip!
Date: Jun 29, 2021 1:59 PM
Densest Map settings?
Never thought to try that either!

Any information on how Ancient Quadrants play out?
Date: Jun 29, 2021 7:41 PM
Densest Map settings?
@BK: Not sure what you mean by that. I do remember that colonizable planets and resources are relatively scarce, and think the numbers are made up by having more gas giants and asteroids.
Date: Jun 30, 2021 11:35 AM
Densest Map settings?
That's more or less what I was asking about, so thanx!
Date: Jul 2, 2021 6:52 AM
Densest Map settings?
Can someone explain what you would get if you choose a large universe, finite resources, and Ancient FQM? I used to know what FQM quadrants are, but that knowledge is lost in the mists of time.
Date: Jul 2, 2021 8:10 AM
Densest Map settings?
I haven't played one in a while, but along with what I said above, I seem to remember a large number of system-sized storms and nebulae. Good systems are harder to find.