Proud to be Asian American

[RSS]
Author: Samurai
Date: May 23, 2021 11:19 AM
Category: Spaceport
I thought I'd take a moment and stand for any and all Asian Americans here on PBW!

My interracial parents took my brother and I into their hearts and their home after we were orphaned as very young children, and raised us both to be proud of our heritage and to connect with the Asian American community. I am a proud Japanese-American and want to shout out to any and all other Asian Americans on PBW and across America!

Asian-American

Replies

Commenter: blackknyght
Date: May 23, 2021 11:39 AM
BRAVO and damned well said !!!
Commenter: Artaud
Date: May 26, 2021 6:57 AM
Great post! I'm not Asian, but my wife is Filipino. Thirty three years with the most wonderful lady in the world!
Commenter: NeuroCPU
Date: Jun 25, 2021 9:15 AM
is this really right forum for such things?
Commenter: Devil_Dog
Date: Jun 25, 2021 9:48 AM
I'd say given all the anti-asian hate going on in this country, this is VERY appropriate and welcomed!
Commenter: Grue-II
Date: Jun 27, 2021 8:06 PM
Good on you for posting this!
Commenter: Cipher
Date: Jun 28, 2021 1:49 PM
I have (or maybe had by now) a cousin who married a Japanese woman during the Korean War. So, I have a cousin once removed who is half Japanese. It's much more common here now than it used to be. Few of us have unmixed ancestries, although I'm old enough that mine is mostly British Isles, and includes some German and French. If there's anyone I don't know about, it's mostly likely a native American. I've lived the past 39 years in a community with lots of Finnish ancestry.
Edited 1 time(s). Lasted edited Jun 28, 2021 1:55 PM.
Commenter: ekolis
Date: Jun 28, 2021 4:00 PM
Oh, that reminds me of my mom's cousin, who was invited by his Vietnamese-American friend to go on a trip to Vietnam. So, they went on the trip and what do you know, he falls in love with a local woman (despite the language barrier), and somehow this leads to her moving to the US and them getting married only a few months later?! Oh yeah, and she had a son from a previous relationship, who came along with her, so I have a Vietnamese-American second cousin!