Autohost

[RSS]
Author: ekolis
Date: Mar 11, 2019 8:17 PM
Category: Stars Swept from the Sky 3
Hi!

Solomani invited me to join this game so I'll be taking over the player six slot - just thought I'd pop into the forum and offer to run this game as an autohost server! So maxcolby if you want to do that, just hit the "invite autohost" button then choose me - that way you don't need to worry about manually processing turns anymore! Oh, and you have to set the game mode to one of the other options besides "manual" - given what I've gleaned from this forum, I think you should use "fully automatic" because that will process the turn even if not all players have uploaded when the time is up, but it will also process the turn if all players upload early.

Replies

Commenter: maxcolby
Date: Mar 11, 2019 10:35 PM
Autohost
I like the idea but expect a couple problems (having never used autohost before). first, the mod is a variation of the Fusion 1.15.6 mod. Second, there are usually errors that come up in running the turn (having to do with the code with the various race sets) which I have always had to manually ignore.
Commenter: ekolis
Date: Mar 11, 2019 10:54 PM
Autohost
Oh OK then, you can continue running the turns manually if you'd like! Can't remember how to get rid of the AI file errors..
Date: Mar 12, 2019 4:10 PM
Fusion mod variations
Here is the new data files for this version of Fusion:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmfkrmyvrvthw3r/starsweeper2Data.7z?dl=0

Let me know if you have any problems loading the turn.
Date: Mar 12, 2019 6:16 PM
Autohost
Thanks! I still can't log in though because I don't have the correct empire password. Would you please reset my password so I can log in next turn?
Date: Mar 13, 2019 12:26 PM
Autohost
I have never had to do that before. I have found an option to reset empire passwords. but it looks like I will have to run the turn to make it effective. Am I understanding correctly?
Alternately, I asked Will for the password that was used previously. Hopefully I will be able to pass that on to you.
Commenter: TheCulture
Date: Mar 13, 2019 2:40 PM
Autohost
Welcome Ed :-)
Andy
Date: Mar 13, 2019 4:03 PM
Autohost
Yes, you would need to run one turn after changing the password for it to take effect; I don't mind. If you can get in touch with Will to give me the correct password that would be great!
Date: Mar 13, 2019 5:49 PM
password reset
Hopefully that works; I have emailed it to you