Any update?

[RSS]
Author: Devil_Dog
Date: Jul 21, 2020 12:39 AM
Category: Victory of Empires
Any update or idea when this game might be starting?

Asking for a friend...

Replies

Commenter: bearclaw
Date: Jul 25, 2020 4:56 PM
Any update?
Yes. BK and I are working on version 1.17 that we want to use for this game. We've got a rather large behind-the-scenes upgrade that will make future modding easier but it means making minor adjustments to EVERY component and facility. Taking a bit of time.

Some of the things we are doing for 1.17 are:
- complete overhaul of Family numbers and Group types (for future modding)
- further improvements to ship speed system (removing max engines, tweaking engines/move)
- Revamp of Stellar Manipulation (warp openers to their own tech area, added special "created" planet types)
- More Mount work! (remove classic size mounts, remove redundant mounts, create new "Advanced Hull" technology with special mounts for specific sizes)
- few other smaller tweaks.
Commenter: ekolis
Date: Jul 25, 2020 9:53 PM
Any update?
Interesting...

What did you do with the family/group numbers?

I like the QNP thing you added, will make ship design that much more interesting! :)

Advanced Hulls tech for mounts? Hmm, not sure I like that - I liked how in the current mod you could keep old hulls useful by researching Ship Construction a few levels past them.
Commenter: bearclaw
Date: Jul 26, 2020 12:53 AM
Any update?
We created a numbering system that standardizes family numbering so that, for instance, I can have a pre-generated list of family numbers for specific mounts and if we add something new later on, we don't have to go back and correct each mount that might affect it.

We established a 4 digit code. Each position represents something:
1xxx
x1xx
xx1x
xxx1

For example, anything that starts with a 1xxx or 2xxx are General techs available to all. If it starts with 4xxx, thats temporal tech.

the second digit is a bit more specific. x2xx is a weapon. All weapons have x2xx. So 12xx = general weapon. 42xx are temporal weapons. x20x are always Projectile weapons, x22x are always Point Defense weapons. So a 422x will always be a temporal point defense weapon. Its more for modding behind the scenes so players won't notice anything.

The Advanced Hull Technology helps keep the clutter down for mounts. Don't plan on getting much improvement from smaller hulls? Don't worry about it. Should help keep the mount list smaller. We hope.