Mod feedback

[RSS]
Author: ekolis
Date: Oct 13, 2016 7:50 PM
Category: White Dwarf 2
Once more unto the breach... :)

So, moons. There's already an issue with the FQM moons breaking homeworld placement. Personally, though, I think moons in general are annoying. They make it hard to spot colonies (and colonizable planets) on the map, because they're hidden behind their parent planets. And they can also lead to exploits with training facility stacking...

Replies

< Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >
Commenter: Cipher
Date: Dec 28, 2016 1:39 PM
Mod feedback
A bit of an oxymoron, I'll admit. Better to call it inconvenience caused by change.
Commenter: ekolis
Date: Dec 29, 2016 7:12 PM
Mod feedback
Just thought this was amusing and pretty cool, no need to change anything - it looks like the small antiproton beam 5 is stronger than the full size antiproton beam 1! Same for the missiles as well, it seems...

That nuclear reactor is pretty nice... I just designed a ship without a shell because of it! :P Might be a bit OP, or maybe I just have too many research points so it felt easy to get...
Date: Jan 4, 2017 9:38 AM
Mod feedback
Is the Alpha Wave Converter supposed to require the Psychic trait? I thought the high level unique-racial techs were supposed to require the appropriate trait.
Date: Jan 8, 2017 3:38 PM
Mod feedback
I had an idea for a new shell... How about a Nanite Shell which conducts repairs?
Commenter: bearclaw
Date: Jan 8, 2017 7:18 PM
Mod feedback
repair doesn't scale to the shipsizes though. it would be a HUGE component that fixes the same amount on a battleship as it would on a scout, only cost a lot more.
Date: Jan 12, 2017 2:19 PM
Mod feedback
Neither do some of the other shells, such as the solar collection shell. Which as I've mentioned before, is rather OP, especially on smaller hulls! (And the reactors unlocked by Resupply tech - yikes!)
Date: Jan 19, 2017 11:01 AM
Mod feedback
Is there any way to make the Advanced Supply System not replace the regular resupply depots on the construction queue screen? Building one when there's no SY would ruin the colony (set its build rate to 100), so I'd have to build a regular supply depot and upgrade it after I have a SY... I know CB does something similar with the legacy infrastructure upgrades, but I don't know exactly how that works...
Date: Jan 20, 2017 3:48 PM
Mod feedback
Advanced Supply Systems are intended to be a SY upgrade. the only way to do and SY upgrade is to build a facility without an SY ability and then upgrade to it later. Without changing the facilities to separate types completely, that would be the only way to maintain Resupply Bases as is.

Which I also realize that's the route that most mods do because this method can cause more problems.
Date: Jan 22, 2017 5:55 PM
Mod feedback
Right... I think CB does something special though to hide the upgraded facility from the list of available facilities to use, though, so you don't accidentally build one.
Date: Jan 25, 2017 11:09 AM
Mod feedback
Is it just me or are resource/cargo storage facilities useless? Storing 100 resources or 100kT of cargo is a waste of facility space IMO; they were already pathetic enough in stock!
Date: Jan 26, 2017 2:07 PM
Mod feedback
I've used cargo facilities for unit storage on otherwise small and useless planets, and I do use resource storage facilities when I'm producing much more than I can use. It's nice to have those resources when it's time to retrofit. They can alway be scrapped to make room for resource production when circumstances change.
Edited 1 time(s). Lasted edited Jan 26, 2017 2:19 PM.
Date: Jan 30, 2017 9:22 AM
Mod feedback
Oops, I posted that comment about resource/cargo storage facilities in the wrong forum; I meant to post it in the NewMod game!

Back to DN4, though - there aren't any special base mounts for bases over 5000kT (Ultra Station, Mega Station, etc)?
Date: Mar 22, 2017 10:14 AM
Mod feedback
What's the purpose of the Remote Computer Control component? At least at level 1, it's more expensive and bulkier than just installing regular C&C on a fighter or troop. Or is there a ginormous troop/fighter hull that uses multiple life supports?

Interestingly, my ships are chasing after my symbiotic dreadnoughts I found in ruins when I tell them to repair at nearest... :P
Date: Mar 25, 2017 2:27 PM
Mod feedback
The remote control component is useless. I think I was attempting to do something crafty with those when I created them but it didn't work.

I think they have "Best Combat Experience" ability but I don't think it works with units.
Date: Mar 25, 2017 3:41 PM
Mod feedback
I suppose I understand your passion for this aspect of the game, but as a point of curiosity, at what point do you two consider a mod completed, so that players like me can actually begin to learn it's quirks before it changes? Or do you finish it, then abandon it to work on another new mod?
< Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >